France - More details coming soon!
2024 World Parkinson's Table Tennis Championships
The fourth edition of the world tournament will be a global celebration of life and an open arena for Parkinson’s fighters. Family members and the general public are also invited to witness the health benefits table tennis brings to people with Parkinson's, as well as their determination to play table tennis just as good as anyone else, even with the conditions and physical impairments.
- To raise awareness of for the positive health benefits of playing table tennis for people with Parkinson’s.
- To provide networking opportunities for the persons diagnosed with Parkinson’s and their families to exchange ideas and experiences.
Players with Parkinson's Disease / Family members / General public
Target 3.4 By 2030, reduce by one third premature mortality from non-communicable diseases through prevention and treatment and promote mental health and well-being.
- 26% of the ITTF Member Associations (60) participate in the 2024 World Parkinson's Table Tennis Championship.
- 300 players from four different continents participate.
- A female participation rate of 40%.
- 80% of the participants are satisfied with the new classification system.
- Increase awareness of Parkinson's disease and the benefits of table tennis for rehabilitation.
- Develop a Table Tennis for Health toolkit focusing on Parkinson's disease.